December 10, 2014
6 Tips for Flu Prevention
Did you know adopting a few healthy habits such as washing your hands regularly can help you prevent the flu this season?
Our friends at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention share the following simple tips that can help you stay happy, healthy and flu-free this season:
- Get vaccinated. The best thing you can do for yourself and your family is to get the flu vaccine. To locate a clinic near you, visit the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services website and enter your zip code into their Flu Vaccine Finder.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you’re sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Stay home from work, school and errands when you are sick. It will prevent others from catching your illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to prevent the spread of germs.
Adopting other healthy habits such as getting plenty of sleep, regular exercise and a healthy diet will also help you prevent the flu. For even more flu prevention tips, visit flu.gov.