September 16, 2016
So you have enough leftover medical supplies to start your own distribution center—Bags, IV poles, syringes, button packs, extension sets…and enough formula to turn your two-car garage into a onesie! You can’t help but think, “This is such a waste! Surely someone could benefit from these supplies.”
You are absolutely right!
Let’s look at two excellent organization for donating supplies—The Oley Foundation, and Project C.U.R.E.
The Oley Foundation
The Oley Foundation’s mission statement is “…to connect families in need of enteral formula, pumps, tubing, and other supplies with families who have supplies to donate…” The folks at Oley have designed an incredibly streamlined and no-hassle process for families to donate supplies.
- Go to www.oley.org
- Complete an online donation form
- Your name and contact information will NOT be posted online
- Items you donate will be listed for four months or until the product expires, whichever comes first. Oley accepts all supplies including formula.
- The recipient pays for all shipping costs.
- Shipping labels are e-mailed or mailed to you prior to shipping
- You are not responsible for the quality nor the condition of the supplies
Project C.U.R.E. (Commission on Urgent Relief and Equipment)
Founded in 1987, Dr. James Jackson started his career as a Colorado physician. Following a trip to Brazil where he observed patients being turned away from clinics due to lack of necessary medical supplies, he vowed to return with resources. Dr. Jackson acquired $250,000 worth of medical supplies in his garage within 30 days! Project C.U.R.E. was formed shortly thereafter and continues to deliver health and hope to over 130 countries. Collection centers are available throughout the United States; all supplies are accepted with the exception of formula. If you happen to live near a collection center, they may offer to pick up supplies directly from your home. Collection centers are as follows:
- Denver, CO (headquarters) 303-792-0729
- Nashville, TN 615-837-7575
- Phoenix, AZ 480-792-3740
- Houston, TX 832-251-2489
- Chicago, IL 312-813-8873
- Philadelphia, PA 610-345-0410
So clean out your garage and feel good about yourself—your overstock can be someone else’s life-giving treasure.